FreeSky Studios is a Springfield, IL based professional mural painting and sign painting business founded by lead artist and business owner, Troy Freeman to provide commercial and residential clients with a professional source for quality, creative work. With over 20 years of mural painting experience, we focus on delivering quality service marked with exceptional talent and professionalism in every project we do.
“Making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art of all.”
– Andy Warhol (1928 – 1987)
FreeSky Studios carries full insurance to cover the building, public property, pedestrians, vehicles, FreeSky employees, etc. Whatever your project is, we’ve got you covered.
No Project Too Big
Have a 6 story silo you need painted? Got a 4 story parking garage you want spruced up? No problem. Take a look at the size of some of the projects we have worked on and bring it on!
No Geographic Limitations
FreeSky Studios is based in Springfield, Illinois but that does not mean we have to stay here! We easily handle projects throughout the Midwest and beyond. Have job, will travel!
With over 20 years of experience, FreeSky Studios is founded and ran by business (and marketing) minded, creative people. Check us out below for more info…
TARGET CUSTOMERS & SERVICES
Cities and Townships
- Tourism based murals
- Historic murals
- Public Beautification
- Large scale branding
- Artistic interior/ exterior signage
- Window splash painting
- Create ambiance for any space
- Customize your child’s bedroom
- Create an amazing man cave
- Faux finishes
- Trompe L’oeol effects
Troy Freeman detailing some fence posts at the Springfield Christian Preschool lobby mural.
Owner/ Lead Artist
- Self managed free lance illustrator with 15 published titles to his name
- Free lance mural painter for over 10 years
- Over 10 years of artistic project management experience
- Founded Digitall Designs in 2002, grew business into a very successful web and graphic design business
- Named one of Springfield’s “40 Under 40” in 2006
- Named Volunteer of the Year by Downtown Springfield Inc. in 2007
- One of five business owners nominated for Small Business Award (Businesses Under $1 Million) by the Springfield Chamber of Commerce in 2008
Project Coordinator/ PR
TV/media professional with extensive experience in broadcast television production and traditional & digital media, including marketing/advertising, public relations, graphic design & copywriting and social media. Got that?
- 2009 EMMY Awards Nominee, NATAS Mid-America Chapter for “Expedition United Kingdom”
- President’s Award (civic/business) presented by the Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce
- ADDY, American Advertising Federation- Central Illinois Chapter
Gold, television commercial-regional & Best of Show, television commercial-regional
Project Development / Research
Public affairs professional with 14+ years crafting compelling narratives guided by strategy. Strategic planner, PR counselor, brand-builder, content creator, message strategist, social and digital media engager. Boom.
- 2016 Drake University Alumni Executive Roundtable
- PRSA Silver Anvil Award 2011, Integrated Communications Campaign
- PRWeek Awards, Honorable Mention, 2010 Promotional Event of the Year
- PRSA Silver Anvil Award 2008, Issues Management (Business)
- Central Iowa Chapter Public Relations Society of America PRIME Award of Excellence, Electronic Newsletters